::Polymorphic::
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
  2006 Wishlist
It is mid-summer-autumn but I am already thinking of the goodies I want to have next year (2006). These techie toys will again last me for two to three years just like my present toys.

My Phone-Camera-MP3 Player-PDA in one:

Motorola Special Edition Black RAZR V3 or its successor in 2006. I am deviating from my usual stance that phones are only phones, cameras are cameras. This phone is so much of a techie's eye candy that I want to get hold of one. The projected usage is as follows: (1) as a phone, (2) as an organizer, (3) as my bluetooth powered mp3 player, and (4) as a camera phone. The good thing about this phone is that it has a good battery life, great reception (compared to the less performing MPx200), small and durable and it has a gamut of features that only tech-loving people would appreciate.



My Ultra workstation:

The 2006 latest IBM ThinkPad X Series laptop. My current X23 series has experienced a lot. It has been my buddy for a lot of professional and personal endeavours. Time to retire my buddy to usage of Windows-only multimedia household applications like MS Office. Why I love the X series so much is that these laptops are the most sturdy of their kind, battery is great, they're light, and they're powerful in their own right. Of course, you don't expect high-powered server program to be executed in a laptop! My new X will be pampered by Linux. No more Windows this time, it'll be pure Linux. Preferrably, Fedora, Slackware or LFS. All it will contain will just be programming and R&D stuff. Ahh... the techie's ultimate dream.

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Richard's general thought on I.T. life, I.T. trends, the Philippines and being in an economic exile.

Name:
Location: Singapore

I am Richard Relos. A software developer.

randomized!

richard@work - rrelos.net

ARCHIVES
July 2005 / August 2005 /

Creative Commons License